Many people ask us; what makes a specific honey different? Whether they’re asking about clover, Mānuka, monofloral, or multifloral, the answer is the same: It all depends on the flower.
One of the most popular, mainstream honeys is the clover honey. This is commonly found in your supermarket and is known for its sweet and floral flavour.
Clover verse Mānuka Honey
- Light color
- Mild, sweet taste
- Vanilla bean, coconut, pineapple and citrus flavors
- Darker, golden/amber color
- Richer, more potent flavour
- Jellied-like texture
- Known for its sweet flavour
- Great for baking
- Natural sweetener for tea, coffee and smoothies
- Known for its medicinal properties
- Antiviral, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties
- Energy booster
- Great for digestive health
- High concentration of MGO and guaranteed quality from UMF certification
- Can be drizzled over food or eaten straight off the spoon
- From the clover flower
- Most common honey as the clover flower blooms for many months
- From the Mānuka flower
- Can only be made when the Mānuka flower is in bloom (6-12 weeks every year)
So, to summarize, both great… but for different reasons.
Clover honey has a great taste that’s ideal for baking and having on toast. While Mānuka honey has incredible medicinal properties. Their benefits are completely dependent on what you want out of your honey.
Looking for a more affordable way to eat Mānuka honey? Look for our MGO 50+ Raw Mānuka Honey Range and UMF 5+ or 10+ Mānuka Honey, for the full flavour and some of the incredible benefits of Mānuka, without the price tag.