Using honey to beat Covid-19 Virus
Using honey to beat Covid-19 Infection
Honey as natural medicine has been heavily researched during the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. The modulating effect of honey makes it a suitable natural treatment against coronavirus infections.
A 2021 study: Possible Potential Effects of Honey and Its Main Components Against Covid-19 Infection suggest that honey should be a considered treatment to help reduce the effects of covid-19 infections in patients.
Currently, there are studies looking into increasing the oral bioavailability of honey to help evaluate the natural efficacy of honey.
The benefits of honey:
So in short why can honey help against and to help fight covid-19?
1. Honey can regulate its molecular targets involved in the attachment and entry of this virus into the host cell and its RNA replication
2. Honey can regulate cellular signalling pathways including oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis
3. Honey may also be effective against pulmonary edema and fibrosis in COVID-19 infection due to their anti-fibrotic and immunomodulatory effects
4. Honey can help to suppress systemic inflammation a major threat in patients with COVID-19,
5. Honey can have a therapeutic effect on kidney, lung and cardiovascular damage caused by COVID-19 Infection
6. Honey has antithrombotic effects (anti-blood clots)
So far there have been no indications that honey can be harmful in your fight against covid-19, in fact, it seems overwhelmingly positive.
And since adding a few teaspoons of honey to your daily routine, on your toast, in your tea/coffee off straight from the spoon, isn’t too hard to do - why not try it, you have nothing to lose!
Which honey should you choose?
But which honey should you choose, because there are thousands out there?
Manuka honey has great anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, not only that but it has to be one of the most highly researched and regulated honey on the market.
UMF manuka honey is independently tested, so you can be assured you are actually getting the benefits of honey, it’s tested for its MGO levels ( a compound linked to its antibacterial equivalency) and is heat tested.
So when you purchase UMGF Manuka Honey you know that you are actually getting the beneficial compounds of honey that research like this one are talking about. Learn more about the benefits of Mānuka honey here
This blog post draws from the findings found in the 2021 study: Possible Potential Effects of Honey and Its Main Components Against Covid-19 Infection